Tuesday 6 July 2010

Mike Hinge 030


Mike Hinge - G.I Joe #9 Treacherous Dive Action Pack. Enamel paint on white card. Approximate size 40x50cm. Date unkown. Unsigned.


Mike Hinge - Prelim sketch, G.I Joe #9 Treacherous Dive Action Pack. Pencil on white paper. Approximate size 40x50cm. Date unkown. Unsigned.

Does anyone know if this was reproduced and published?

UPDATE: 04/02/2011 - I now know that the G.I Joe images were actually used by Hasbro Toys circa 1977. G.I Joe was now renamed Super Joe and Mike produced at least 11 colour paintings for the packaging.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this design. It's So ZEN. So "Simple", yet so perfect in it's ability to convey movement in water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful image. The colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to feature these on my Super Joe site, www.3dsuperjoes.com. It is an online museum for the Super Joe toy line and Mike's art helped to create the Super Joe story.

    ReplyDelete